Kalpvriksha Pvt. Ltd. has officially opened its paintball gaming venue ‘Battlefield – The Ultimate Game’ on 4 August. According to the press release, the equipment...
You are here:
Things to keep in mind before you buy a scooter
- First and foremost, THINK about safety. Driving a scooter can make your visibility shady in front of big sized automobiles like an SUV. Also, driving a scooter in severely blurred weather can be dangerous. Combined these with the undisciplined driving ethics, it is a perfect recipe for disaster. Hence, before you get excited to hop onto it, be aware of the dangers.
- If you’re still interested in a scooter despite the risks, wear a helmet for protection. Invest in strong and sturdy ones and make time for a motorcycle safety course.
- Size of the engine should be according to your requirement.
- Buy from a reputable and registered dealer.
- Like a car, scooters too come with a warranty. The warranty is only as good as the dealership. Dealer profiling should be done in order to answer crucial questions like how long have they been in business? How long is the warranty? Do they service the scooter? Can they get parts for the scooter? A new scooter can quickly become useless scrap metal if proper service is not available.
- Research before you buy. Check online forums to find out what other riders think about it.
- If you want to drive around with a pillion, check the specifications carefully to learn how much weight the scooter can handle.
- Like everything else, quality counts! Take test drives of the models that have reliability factor. Test out models from well known automobile brands like Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki.
- Check how comfortable the seat is, how easily your feet reach the ground and how freely you can move forward and backward while seated.
- Apart from a sturdy helmet, spend in riding gear that includes goggles, gloves and a wind resistant jacket.
Liked this feature? You might also like these.
Life and Times TVC